Jan 20, 2011

Possible Lamp Makeover Idea

22111_5018-mini-haitian-drum-lamp_list

I love this lamp by Serena & Lily, but at $329 it is not going to happen.  I saw a similar lamp at Home Goods but at $69 that’s not going to happen either.  I am thinking to either wait for Home Goods to mark it down or I am brainstorming how to recreate it.

I have a big round brass Goodwill Lamp that I got $1.  I have already rewired it with a kit from Lowes.  It has been sitting in my garage waiting for inspiration and a few days above 50 degrees.

I am wondering if I put a stencil on the lamp, paint over the stencil with puffy paint, and than cover it with white spray enamel if that would work. 

What’s your opinion, you think it will work or be a big fat fail?

1 comment:

Vonda said...

You have an award at my site.
Have a great weekend!
Vonda
http://newlywedsandtheoldhouse.blogspot.com/