Jan 22, 2012

Ana White Dog Kennel End Table

2012-01-22 Ana White Dog House (2)

2012-01-22 Ana White Dog House (6)

2012-01-22 Ana White Dog House (11)

We built this dog house for our two Chihuahua/Jack Russell mix doggies. They have to be crated when we are not home and when we sleep. They get into trouble otherwise, it is the nature of their breed. We used to have 2 metal crates for them but our younger dog, Chloe, always went into Goldie's crate with her. Now they are best buds and like to sleep together. When I saw this piece on Ana White’s website I just knew I had to build it. I found the blue damask pillow bed at TJ Maxx last year. They absolutely love their new “house”.

2012-01-22 Ana White Dog House (12)

2012-01-22 Ana White Dog House (9)

It took me a year to build. I know sad right! I had some issues early on with non-straight wood cracking and splitting, so I handed my project over to my husband where it sat in the honey-do graveyard for quite some time. By the time he did major sanding, filling and gluing, I had lost my mojo and moved onto other projects. I finally picked this back up in the fall and started painting it.

It was painted for a good couple of months before we finally attached the door and hinges.

I met someone in real life who used to read my blog and they inspired me to write again. Thanks this is such a good outlet as long as I don’t go project crazy or let let the green eyed monster take me over.

I stopped blogging because it became tedious to me. I felt like I had to link up to parties and keep going, going, going on projects. Also, 2011 was one of those years. We decided to take our house off the market (for now). We had a tragic death in our family and traveled to NY 3 times since it happened. We no longer could afford for me to stay home and homeschool, so now I am working and homeschooling. To top that off my husband had a major career change and also co-homeschools with me. I hope in 2012 we get it all figured out and lose some of the daily craziness.

I am going to have a post about everything that went wrong with this project and how we fixed it.

Linked to:
Thrifty Decor Chick, Addicted 2 Decorating, A Bowl Full of Lemons, Savvy Southern Style, The Shabby Creek Cottage, The Shabby Nest, Tatertots & Jello, Under the Table and Dreaming, Someday Crafts, Chic on a Shoestring, Miss Mustard Seed, Southern Hospitality, Sugar Bee Crafts, Tip Junkie, The Thrifty Home, Beyond the Picket Fence, Oops I Craft My Pants, Between Naps on the Porch, Not Just A Housewife, My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia, I Heart Nap Time, Serenity Now, French Country Cottage, Remodelaholic, Creations By Kara, Homework, The 36th Avenue, Freckled Laundry, Coastal Charm, Handy Man Crafty Woman, Keeping It Simple, Blue Cricket Design, Be Colorful, Craft O Maniac, Skip to my Lou, Fingerprints on the Fridge, Dittle Dattle, Polly Want A Crafter?, Whipperberry, Sassy Sites, DIY By Design, The Girl Creative, It's Overflowing, A Girl ans a Glue Gun, Delightful Order, Fireflies & Jellybeans, Southern Lovely, Sew Much Ado, Young & Crafty, Homemaker on a Dime, Be Different Act Normal, Primitive & Proper, Lolly Jane, DIY Home Sweet Home, Lines Across My Face, Making the World Cuter, Fun to Craft, Nifty Thrifty Things, The Crafty Nest, Running with Glitter, Designer Garden, Cherished Bliss, CRAFT, Lil Luna, All Thingz Related, House of Hepworths, Oopsy Daisy, Domestically Speaking, Ginger Snap Crafts, Home Stories A to Z, Vintage Wanna Bee, The CSI Project

The DIY Show OffUndertheTableandDreamingThe Southern Institute
Sumo's Sweet StuffHome Stories A2ZThree Mango SeedsToday's Creative Blogyou are talking too muchPink Hippo Party
Photobucket

"/>

23 comments:

Michelle~Sugar House Creations said...

Adorable! They look quite at home already. I don't get the link party thing. I've never done it. Don't stress. We will be here when ever and how ever often you decide to post. :-)

Anonymous said...

Oh my!!! I love this idea!!! This is so cool! Very creative way to have a dog crate without the eyesore of it. Thanks for sharing!

Maria Elena said...

That is just too cute! Our "little girl" always loves to curl up under the end table in the family room. I am sure she would love this! Thank you so much for visiting my blog today!

Dharma said...

Sister! That is the coolest thing ever.....and it is perfect BECAUSE it took you a year. I nominated you for a Liebster Award on my blog...check it out at:

http://dharmainthefalls.blogspot.com/2012/01/i-think-kirby-and-i-are-going-out.html

Alison @ Oopsey Daisy said...

Okay, this is genius!! I've never seen such a pretty dog kennel! :) Thanks for sharing at oopsey daisy!

Mandy said...

What a GREAT idea!!!! I'd love it if you shared this at my party that starts tomorrow (Tuesday) at Projectqueen.org.

I followed you over from Embellishing...

I'm a new follower.

Mandy

Anonymous said...

too cute! now all i need is a dog! :)

Anonymous said...

This came out great! I actually build a bench/dog kennel for the end of my bed (for my 2 doxies) but I can't decided on the door so it's not finished yet :)

Erika said...

This is so much better than using a store bought kennel! I looks like a piece of furniture.

I hope you can join us at the It’s a Wrap Link Party at Artful Rising.

Erika

Anonymous said...

I LOVE this idea:) It's cute because it's in the living room with you all so the dogs can chill in their "house" without being isolated too. Great! Visiting via Artful Rising today.

Unknown said...

This is on my list of To Makes myself. Love how yours turned out. Saw you on Making the World Cuter.

Katie said...

You guys did an amazing job! I absolutely love this! Thank you for linking up last week. I've featured this on Sew Woodsy today!

Michele {The Scrap Shoppe} said...

This is so so clever!!! It looks fabulous. I hope things are starting to look up in 2012! :)

Roeshel said...

What a beautiful job you did! I love those and your DIY skills rock! :)

Thanks so much for sharing! ;)

Honey I'm Home Blog said...

I've always wanted one of these, but couldn't afford one. It never occurred to me to MAKE it! Wow, I'm very impressed. It looks great.

Warmly, Michelle

Jensamom23 said...

This is wonderful! Truly pretty AND functional...it almost makes me want to got get an inside dog so I can make one. :-)

Unknown said...

This is such a great idea.. soo much more appealing than the metal dog cages .. and it looks soo comfy and sweet!
Thanks so much for sharing with the Pink Hippo Party.. can't wait to see what you share next.
I am your newest follower!

Mandy said...

Hi Janet, thank you so much for sharing your kennel this week at Project Queen. I'll be featuring it tomorrow night at the "Highlight Party".

Welcome back to blogging! I'm so glad that I'm a Linky Follower of yours now.

Mandy

Unknown said...

I so need this for our dogs! We have Chihuahua and a Poddle...they get crated together too. This is so much more attractive then the wire kennel. It looks great!

Unknown said...

OMG! Love it! Featuring you today. :)

XO,
Clydia
threemangoseeds.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

I think I saw 1 just like this on the internet here the other day. Well, I dont know if it was exactly the same. But it struck me IF I was to buy it or not. I thought it would fit so well to my home interior with my sofa and table. Can you please share your designs ??

Unknown said...

Thank you for your photos. I am going to make this for my son and his fiance.

Jhonvik said...

This is a good post .and its very amazing article,
toponline4u
digitalmarketings
sanewnetworks
leadtotrend
futureinkey