Jul 27, 2009

The basement floor is in limbo....

while we figure out what to do with it.

I lightly stained over the acid stain to give it a marble look and cover the spots that were not stained from the ferrous sulfate.

It went bad when I put the wet look sealer. The sealer went on terribly so I tried to wash it off before it dried, Big Mistake.

At this point its either sand and re stain with the acrylic paint/stain and find a less slippery easier to apply sealer or put laminate or vinyl down.

This is the floor after spraying 3 coats of Ferrous Sulfate (Iron Sulfate Fertilizer / Hi Yield Copperas). I love the look unfortunately where my husband sealed cracks he used something that couldn't be stained.

So I lightly sprayed the brown over the acid stain which looked good until the sealer fiasco. My blog is becoming a what not to do.

No comments: