Dec 16, 2010

A hidden memo board from Thrifty Decor Chick

 

Memo Board Thrifty Decor Chick

I have been totally burned out from crafting and projects, but I just saw this adorable post on Thrifty Decor Chick. I feel like breaking out the glue gun and hitting the hardware store.  This is so darn cute!

Last Christmas, I was in the middle of painting our cabinets and we had just installed raw wood floors so to say it was hectic would be an understatement.  Add to that the fact that I was doing end of the year accounting audits at work the past two Christmas’.  My husband was in Canada last year setting up the Olympics and only got back at Thanksgiving.  This year we are enjoying our trees and making lots of cookies and cleaning, cleaning, and cleaning.  My house is not perfect but at least there are no sawdust piles in my living room, paint cans all over, and paint brushes lining every sink. 

I have still been going room to room organizing and revamping our systems to reduce clutter. Today I am working on an pantry inventory. I need to start meal planning differently. I started couponing and I have many new and exciting foods in my pantry. My usual 10 lazy girl meals (Hot Dogs, Spaghetti, Hamburgers, Tacos, Salmon, Pulled Pork, Chicken & Dumplings, Pork Ribs, & Shrimp w/ Pasta) are getting boring.

Christmas 2010 050
My son has Asperger's and can be very picky and unwilling to try new foods. I have this awesome cookbook, Better Homes and Gardens New Dieter's Cookbook, that has great photos. Well I gave this book to my son and a bunch of those sticky page flags and told him to flag the recipes he would be willing to try.

He flagged a bunch.  I am excited because he is never willing to try new foods.  I’ll let you know how it works out, but so far it seems like a genius idea.

Christmas 2010 051Christmas 2010 052

Janet

1 comment:

Unknown said...

OMG! this title is my sentiment exactly. I'm uber burned out by projects and crafts. I wish a had a clone because I would much rather deligate =)
BTW, loving your blog so, I'm your newest follower. Could you follow me back and show some lub? =)

www.bargaincornerdesigns.blogspot.com