Oct 11, 2009

Wood Floors

Ok so my puppy has destoyed my carpet. She has had so many accidents. I have a hoover steam vac and it works great but it cannot save this carpet.






The previous owners were smokers, my puppy thinks the carpet is a chew toy, and all the accidents made me decide it has to GO!







We bought the unfinished oak utility wood floors from lumber liquidators.









I ripped up the carpet in the bedroom and he removed the baseboards. We got 500 sq ft of the rosin paper at Lowes for $11. Lumber Liquidators was charging more for black felt paper. We got a 18 guage brad nailer for $20 at a flea market and a compressor at Walmart. A pneumatic flooring nailer is recommended but this is working just fine.







My husband is home for a few more days and it's going very slow. I think I will be finishing the floors. I am keeping my fingers crossed that he finishes.






No comments: